I believe wholeheartedly that EVERY WOMAN DESERVES A DOULA!
After having experienced two labors of my own, I know first hand how intensely challenging the process can be, but also how rewarding and fulfilling it can be as well.
Doula care can significantly improve your birth experience! Even ACOG, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, says “Published data indicate that one of the most effective tools to improve labor and delivery outcomes is the continuous presence of support personnel, such as a doula”.
I’m very passionate about being a support to women & their families throughout the often very life-changing process of pregnancy, birth & early parenting. I offer supportive doula care to families in Santa Cruz, Monterey, and nearby South Bay Area.
Birth Doula Service Package
- 2 in-home prenatal meetings to discuss topics such as the process of birth, pain-reduction or coping measures, effective labor positions, how partners would like to be involved in the process, any hopes/fears/concerns a mom might have regarding her birth, and strategies to combat those concerns and to accomplish a mom’s wishes/desires for her upcoming birth.
- Access to my Lending Library
- Personalized folder containing local resources and documents to further your education, and additional informational support and resource provisions as needed
- Guidance with establishing your individual birth preferences and discussing them with your care provider
- Availability for support and questions throughout pregnancy via phone/email/text, and 24/7 availability starting at 38 weeks.
- Support throughout labor, beginning whenever you decide you are ready for it, starting either in your home or birth setting. Throughout the labor I provide various forms of information, comfort measures, helpful positions for effective labor, encouragement, etc. (Learn more about how doulas assist mothers and partners during labor by reading Doula FAQ and What is a Doula?
- Explanations of medical procedures as needed, and an effort to provide more time and space for you to determine your choices & options throughout labor to help alleviate pressure or the feeling of being rushed
- Promote comfort of environment so mom feels safe & secure
- Assistance in initiating breastfeeding after birth if desired
- Photographs of your labor and birth if desired ($100 addition)
- 1 postpartum follow-up visit with the family where we discuss the birth, talk about anything that a mom (and partner) might need to process at this time, and gain closure on the recent birth experience
- Availability during the postpartum period for mothering/breastfeeding support, resources, and referrals
Ask me about my home birth discount!
~ Consultation ~
I offer a free consultation to anyone who would like to learn more about my services.
This gives us a chance to get to know each other a bit, and discuss anything pertinent to your upcoming birth/past birth experience(s), and determine if we’re a good fit! A good doula/mom/partner team is one that feels comfortable together. I’ll provide you with some written information, including a contract. If you’d like to retain my services, you have the option to do so then or at a later time. The retainer cost is half the service fee (please inquire for current cost), and once received ensures you are locked in to one of the two available spots on my monthly calendar. The remaining half is then due at 38 weeks. I don’t hold spaces but I’ll always be upfront about how many others might be in the works to retain my services for your due month so that you can best decide how soon you should proceed to get on my calendar.
Want to learn more about doulas? I suggest reading
What is a Doula?
and visit DONA International’s very thorough
Informational Section about Doulas.