Heartfelt Care During your Motherhood Journey
· · · · Serving Santa Cruz, Monterey, and the nearby South Bay area
Doulas, or labor companions, have been supporting mothers during pregnancy and childbirth since the beginning. It is a very old role that is making it’s way back into modern maternity care.
A doula is not a replacement to the mother’s partner, but works as a beautiful asset to her support team. Studies show that mothers who have received the continuous support of doulas during childbirth have:
- Shorter labors
- A reduced risk of cesarean birth
- Fewer medical interventions
- Better breastfeeding success
- Less postpartum depression
- Greater satisfaction of their childbirth experience
What clients are saying:
My doula training, personal experience with childbirth, and my innate passion for supporting childbearing women supply my doula practice with a unique level of knowledge and care, which I hope to share with you and your family during the childbearing year.